Annual Miss Georgia Forestry State Scholarship Pageant - Rules
(1) Contestants must compete in the age division according to their age the day of the State Pageant. Must be a legal resident of Georgia.
(2) Must submit a copy of your birth certificate with the application.
(3) May be sponsored by friends, family or businesses, if you are coming at large. Local winners will be sponsored by local pageant.
(4) Must sell (4) Good luck ads at $25.00 each to go in the program book. This money will go into the scholarship fund. You may get ads from friends, family or businesses.
(5) Tiny, Little, Junior, and Teen is open to one contestant per county in each age division. Only one contestant per county or per college for
the Miss Division. If you have a pageant in your county, it is mandatory that the queen represent your county. Check with your local Forestry Department and if they do not have a pageant then we will take the first girl to enter from that county. If you are registered at a school in a county then you can represent that county or your college. Local Forestry Ranger must sign your application for the Miss Division only. Miss Queens must work, reside, or attend school in the county she is representing on the day of the State Forestry Pageant. If you have already won the state pageant, you cannot compete again on the local
or state forestry pageant level until you change age groups.
(6) You do not have to win a local pageant to compete if you do not have a pageant in your county.
(7) If named queen, cannot represent or promote any other title. Must promote only Forestry for the upcoming year. Tiny, Little, Junior, and Teen can compete in other pageants as long as they do not interfere and require appearances and promotion. The decision of interference will be at the sole discrepancy of the Georgia Forestry Pageant and Educational Association.
(8) Must agree to promote the Forestry only.
(9) Must always act in a ladylike manner.
(10) Must get permission from the Director before promoting the Forestry for any event. The only reimbursable expenses that the Miss queen will receive are motel expenses for events that are approved by
the Board, any other expenses will be the responsibility of the queen.
(11) Must get permission from the Director before competing in other pageants.
(12) Queens will get scholarship money at the end of her reign, provided she fulfills her duties as Miss Georgia Forestry Queen.
(13) Contestants must have never been married or never been
pregnant, or never convicted of a crime. Queens cannot marry or become pregnant or be convicted of a crime
during their reign.
(14) A contestant agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations of the MGFPA now in affect or announced thereafter.
(15) The pageant will be conducted under the rules established by MGFPA and a contestant agrees that the time, manner and method of judging the pageant shall be solely within the discretion of the Pageant Association and the decision of the judges will be final.
(16) Anyone acting in a disorderly way will be disqualified without refund.
(17) No refunds unless pageant should be canceled.
(18) The deadline to enter is May 1, 2003 for contestants entering at large or the first contestant we receive per county. Contestants winning local pageants must have their information submitted to the state four weeks after winning their local and you must enclose a wallet photo, black & white or color for the program book.
(19) If named queen, you must be on time for all the appointments and if named queen, the queen must give a phone number and the address where she can be reached at all times by the Forestry Commission and the pageant committee. Queens reign and appearance shall be
handled solely within the Georgia Forestry Pageant and the Queen. No other family members or friends shall be involved with these activities. Queens must wear crown and banner, and shall dress appropriately for all occasions.
(20) A contestant must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crimes and shall possess poise, personality, intelligence, and charm.
(21) No Cameras of any nature allowed in the building or on the premises. We will have a videographer and a photographer for your convenience. No cell phones, beepers, or electronic equipment allowed in the building. Contestants will be disqualified if a family member or members of her entourage are caught breaking any of the Forestry Pageant rules.
(22) If entering photogenic, pictures must be mailed no later than May 1, 2003.
(22) A $30.00 service charge will be charged for returned checks.
(23) No Food or Drinks in the Auditorium.
(24) Should there be a problem of any kind during the pageant, or related events, the contestants are to go directly to one of the Board Members. Any unruly, unsportsmanlike, or unbecoming conduct by a contestant
or any member of her entourage, or any disregard for the rules and regulations of this pageant could result in immediate dismissal from further competition without refund. Depending upon the severity of the action or behavior, it could result in a permanent barrier from future competition in the Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant,
to be decided upon by the pageant director, the MGFPA, and Advisory Council.
(25) If named queen and for some reason, title is revoked, you will have to return all prizes such as but not limited to crown, banner, crowning pin, scholarships, and all prizes presented to the queen on the night she wins. If your title is revoked on the local forestry or state forestry pageant level, you can never compete in a local or state forestry pageant.
(26) No Soliciting of any kind is allowed at the pageant or in the building. This means no passing out of other materials, applications and so forth.
(27) Queens will keep their crown, banner and all prizes at the end of their reign. Queens cannot wear the Georgia Forestry crown, banner, crowning pin and so forth to promote another pageant after they give up their State Forestry title. If caught doing so, the Georgia Forestry
Pageant has the right to ask for the crown, banner, and crowning pin to be returned to the Georgia Forestry Pageant and Educational Association, Inc.
(28) These rules apply to Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, and Miss contestants competing for the title of Miss Georgia Forestry and if named Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, or Miss Georgia Forestry, these rules will stay in effect until the Georgia Forestry Queens fulfill their year and relinquish
their title on the date that is set by the Georgia Forestry Pageant and Educational Association for the next following State Pageant.
If I can assist you, call me at 229-386-2681.
We look forward to having you join us for the fun and excitement of the Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant.
President/Director visit our website at